Dear Ted

BRILLIANT and very funny post. Sat here going, "Lahar, Lahar" out loud with mirth.

I love the lustre of your writing and your strengite adherance to this theme. It's a pleasure to know you are such a zeolite, such aphanitic, about the use of words. I wish I could bismuth as you!

Interesting to hear about the pyrites of Penn's aunts - I haven't met them yet, so you could say arsenopyrites. Wasn't one of their relations zircon, the greek tycoon from Heliodor? Weren't zirconias giving him problems? Funny how he's gone antimony in his old age - how can he turn his back on all that prosperite?

Opel!! Morganite!! Boy, you need your head read. Now, a Holden - that's a realgar!

I heard that Malcolm was cummingtonite to your place. Are you intending to make malachite dunnite? I remember the last time he came over - that was an amazonite. And what about his belovite sisters Celestine and Ann? Celestine is very much "legrandite dame" don't you think? And everybody says Anatase - a real temptress with quite an apatite for .... You'd be agate at the rumours about her but I reckon they're all false. Arsenic up on her the other night but couldn't copper doing anything - she saw me and was gone in a moh. By the way, don't bother with her homepage either - that's a banalsite if ever I saw one. Diopside of it all is at least her boyfriend (Epi)dotes on her and, if she does have a secret, he won't descloizite. Don't know why he left his last girlfriend, Lena. She's quite some galena.

Don't forget to check your sulfur flowers tomorrow - they should be buddingtonite.

I'll be back in touch soon,

Regards

stales

PS I resent the accusations that I damaged your book - you know I wouldn't harmotome.