Must read more about the uses of Spanish moss! I've only seen it used, as described above, on the candelabra!

Now cotton trees--those I would enjoy seeing in any form, scraggly or not!

Finally, I have a pet peeve when it comes to trees, and, could I join one society, it would be to the destruction of these trees. They are the ailanthus: The so-called "Tree of Heaven," which, to my mind, is the "Tree of Hell." It's worse than cudzu. It's growing all up around Rt. 81 up through Pennsylvania and all down into Virginia. Huge copses of it are taking over the natural woodlands. It appears a bit like hickories in that it has a compound leaf. But it is inexorable in its growth pattern. Where redbuds and dogwoods should be growing along the woods, there are the many upshoots of damned ailanthus. It's been naturalized for a long time, often seen sprotting up through sidewalks in cities. It propogates itself like mad. I see into the future in which the great American woods are nothing but a tent of this ailanthus.

Again, if anyone knows of a society that works against the Tree of Hell(I'm not a joiner of societies by disposition, but here I cross the line), please let me know here or in a PM.

Thoroughly disgustreed,
WailingWin