Rhuby et al

I am simply bursting to show you (and whomever else may be interested) a pic of my classic. Please email me (see profile) and I'll send a pic.

She's a 1964 Holden "EH" model - generally acknowledged as the most popular car ever built in Australia - then and now. (Ford drivers would dispute this but, being Ford drivers, they aren't capable or qualified to have an opinion.)

Modelled upon the Chevvies of that time the EH was the first to offer GM's whopping big (tongue in cheek emoticon) 149ci 6 cylinder motor!!! This block served as the basis for all subsequent holdens until the mid seventies - though its standard displacement grew to 202ci.

I drive it daily and you'd be amazed at the amount of people that stop me to reminisce about the one they had - or their Dad had (or they had their first sexual encounter in the back seat!!). I have to allow an extra ten minutes when I go to the shops because there's always somebody that wants to look under the hood or have a chat. Funny thing you know, I used to drive a V6 SAAB that cost around US$26,000 and nobody gave a rat's arse. The Old Girl on the other hand is worth around US$5,000 and everybody wants to be my friend!!

stales