I've got a Peugeot 406 GLX 2 litre saloon which is currently doing about 180 miles a day. It may be built in Coventry, but it has built-in quality, something signally lacking in the slew of Rovers and Vauxhalls littering Britain's roads. In some cases literally. End of car stuff ...

A new work place word for you all. It is (hold your breath) dewank. It arose at an analysts' meeting held yesterday at my newish place of employment to consider a job description. Such meetings make me feel ancient, because I think I could give 10 years to the next oldest member of the team.

One analyst (a bloke) described it as "wanky". Another analyst (a woman [of the female persuasion]) offered to "dewank" it. An email was duly circulated late this afternoon with the subject title DEWANKED JD. The attached JD document was similarly entitled "Dewanked JD". Comments were emailed among nearly 40 analysts talking about this or that item requiring more or less dewanking.

The lady in question duly entered the task in her timesheet as "dewankification".

Rarely, in my experience, has a word taken on such a clearly new meaning and gone into general use at such a pace. The entire firm now knows about it because someone put it up on the intranet under "Education"!

As a further aside, it's interesting that the email Nazi didn't clamp down on it. It does on damned near everything else.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...