actually Max, i heard your joke years ago--only the butt of the joke was a Pole.. polish jokes were very savage..
a man walks into a bar, orders a drink, and announces excitedly, "i just heard the funniest joke and i want to share it.. So there was this Pole, " and right then the bartender says-"stop, i want you to know, i am polish, and that good looking barmaid, she's polish, and look around at all these guys, iron workers, all of them, and all of them polish.. and i want you to think about this before you tell your joke."

so the man looks about at all the patrons, big burly men, and at the barkeep, and the bar maid, and he continues. "Okay, i'll tell it real slow..."

and whitman is right.. NJ is the butt of most NY jokes.. they only place NJ fares well is when compared to lawyers.. Why does NJ have more toxic waste site than anywhere else in US and California have more lawyers?-- NJ had first pick..

if you want to generally insult someone--(especially someone driving,) just call them Jersey driver!.

and the JAP jokes-- (jewish american priness's) jokes can get pretty savage, too. lately these have been replaced with Blonde jokes.. Wow sent me a set today...

typical JAP joke
how does a JAP call the family to dinner?
A.--Everyone in the car!

what is the only thing a JAP knows how to make for dinner?
A- A reservation

What is a JAP's favorite wine? whine
A--I want to go to Boca for the winter..

What is a JAP's idea of natural childbirth?
A--Absolutley No makeup!

How can you tell when a JAP has an orgasim?
A--She drops her nail file..

Ethnic humor of alll stripes is rife in NY-- and the butt of the humor changes every couple of years as new groups move in.. (But NJ, bless it, alway is around to make fun of! )

and not to leave the irish out..
what is an irish seven course dinner?
A- a potato and six pack

what is the difference between an irish wedding and an irish wake?
A-One less drunk at the wake.

who ever your academic was, he might be right.. but i suspect all you ozzie joke had Poles there first..