Having been busy lately, I have just discovered and read this thread, and have a number of notes to make to various postings, which I'll get in in one swell foop:

WW: I believe it's slue-foot, not slew-foot, but I could be wrong. Tsuwm, what say you ?
WW: Oedipus means 'pierced foot'. When the infant Oedipus was exposed in his infancy, his heels were pierced. It was by this that he was later exposed as the son of Jocasta, being her husband also. [You like that use of 'exposed' with two different meanings?}
WW: You mention sabots. Were you aware that 'saboteur' comes from 'sabot'? In a European (Belgian, actually, I think) version of the Luddites, workers afraid of being displaced by machines tried to wreck them by throwing their wooden shoes into the machinery.
WW: "Cadence in music" A musical cadence is a usage of two or three related chords at the end of a piece or section to sort of round it off. It's sort of like the rhyming couplet used by Shakespeare to mark the end of a scene or act. The Plegel (not sure of the spelling here) Cadence is the one that sounds like the 'Amen' which used to come at the end of a hymn.
ofTroy: exposing the foot. Businessmen, or businesspersons if you insist, who are contemplating travelling to Arab countries are warned to be careful how they sit when in company of Arabs. Sitting so as to expose the sole of one's foot to an Arab is a deadly insult.
[On second thought, I retract the 'businesspersons'; it can only be businessmen, as I don't believe there are any Arabs who will conduct business with a woman the way we do. Their loss.]