After having lived for 52 years, it is interesting to notice when mispronunciations become acceptable because, according to judgments made by lexicographers, enough of the population is incorrectly pronouncing a word to make the mispronunciation an acceptable part of the language.

One that has changed in acceptability in my lifetime is (at least in American English):

affluent (first pronunciation, AF-floo-ent) has now the additional now acceptable af-FLOO-ent, which still goes against my aural grain.

Another that I predict will change is carbohydrate (first pronunciation, car-bO-HI-drAte) which I know hear
regularly mispronounced as car-bO-HI-drit.

Another that is regularly mispronounced is template (first pronunciation, tem-plit), but mispronounced tem-plAte.

Have any of you observed mispronunciations becoming acceptable in your lifetime? I'd be curious to read here about your observations. (I've read cross-references on this topic in the search section, by the way, but I'm raising this as a separate subject on how the unacceptable in our language have become (or are becoming) acceptable.

Best regards,
WW