Muted apologies (only muted) for my rant above. If people don't understand the place of McDonald's (and its ilk) in the growing obesity problem around the world, far be it from me to enlighten them. However, you could spare the time to read "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser.

I don't actually remember criticising any part of the American justice system other than the death penalty and the apparent American attitude towards it. And no, it's not sufficient for people to will something to change. It won't on that basis alone. Inertia is a wonderful thing.

I certainly said nothing about the American education system. I will if you like!

You would be surprised just how much people from outside America pick up about your institutions. The TV people endlessly make documentaries on them, the legal system being a firm favourite.

Neither do I favour people walking around free if they have committed murder or any other really heinous crime. I just don't think that judicial murder is a legitimate alternative when considering penalties.

fin.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...