Thanks, wow, for seeing the good in my original "Atlanta Words courses" posting.

I was merely seeking to extend an opportunity. And the bulletin board concept seemed the perfect forum to do this:
a) Subject-specific*;
b) Unobtrusive; AND
c) Efficient, Economical, Environmentally-friendly!

* Ideally, I would have posted to an "Atlanta words-lovers" b board. Since I do not know of one (Does anyone else?), I put "Atlanta" in the posting's title to dissuade non-Atlanta people in AWADtalk from opening the announcement, and therefore from being subjected to information that would be irrelevant to them.

------------------------------------------------
Jazzoctopus and tsuwm:
According to profiles, you two do NOT live in Atlanta.

A fact which makes me curious about 2 things:
1) If you DID live in Atlanta, would you still have viewed my announcement as a negative thing?
2) You are both apparently, and understandably, averse to "advertisements" and "spam." i.e., to information coming your way that you do not find useful/beneficial. Me too. Anyway, then ... Why did either of you bother to open a posting entitled "Atlanta Words courses?"

And, for my future benefit, do either of you have any alternate suggestions for:
1) A title for the posting that would have more clearly let you know upfront that the information therein would be useless to non-Atlanta people like yourselves?
2) A better medium for letting Atlanta people know of this "Atlanta Words courses" opportunity?

I look forward to hearing from you both regarding the above issues.
Also, tsuwm, you wrote:
"I was just trying to discourage the commercial trend"

By "commercial," do you mean "involving money?" If so, then if I were selling $35 dictionaries in your city for $1 each, would you yourself NOT want me to post an announcement of such information in AWADtalk?

I am desperately trying to understand whence came the umbrage.

Thanks much. Pam