Re: Put stamp here etc....

Yes, this constant over-explaining is driving me mad.

We bought a new car the other day, the first really new one in a very long time. It is obviously built to be driven by an idiot. When you open the engine all the parts that have to be touched by the user are bright yellow, like something out of toytown, it takes all the fun out of trying to find the thick black oil coated dip stick thingy that you are supposed to check when adding oil. Much as I love the car (I really do love its retro shape) it is giving me a headache when I drive it. "Beep - You haven't touched the brake pedal to prove that you are still awake, "Beep - you can only remove the ignition key with the car in park" (learnt recently to my great embarrassement that you can't start an automatic if it isin't in park , "Beep - you've opened the door with the lights on", "Beep - you haven't fastened your seat belt yet", "Beep - the handbrake is still on" - I can work all those things out for myself without getting a headache! The other day, I wanted to listen to the radio while waiting for someone. I gave up - you are obviously not allowed to sit still - too many beeps! Aaaaargh!