This is my one and only post to this thread.

I've watched developments with some disquiet. There is an attempt to censor topics implicit in it and I find that objectionable for all kinds of reasons. Discussing the attacks on NYC/DC among friends is the natural thing to do, and that's happened here in a small number of threads. You may whinge about it not being in Miscellany, but as far as I'm concerned that's the only complaint that holds any water and not much of it at that. It's been noticeable that the number of posts to I&A has increased over the past week or so. But most of them have either been to this thread or to Wow's response thread.

Strident voices will be raised from time to time in any forum, and a little humour always goes a long way towards calming things down. There are probably as many political/social viewpoints about the attacks as there are active members on the Board. Air them, by all means, I say. But don't slag off others because they disagree with you. Disagree, but don't insult. And if I've given offense in that regard, then please accept my apologies; it wasn't intended. I have disagreed strongly with several of the viewpoints aired here, but I shrug and say "well, that's not the way I see it" and carry on.

And, as Max has chosen to do, if you don't want to be involved in the discussions, well, there's Q&A about Words, Wordplay and Fun and Miscellany to spend your time in. The vast majority of the Board, in fact!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...