tsuwm, while I concede you have a point - fings ain't wot they use ter be - I think you have to concede that these are unusual times.

For several of us here, the Board is a refuge from the day-to-day. It allows us to express our real opinions, not those expected by those we deal with on a day-to-day basis.

Most of us (including the "political operative from Jerusalem") actually like being able to express our opinions on something like the attacks on the US here. This will inevitably lead to disagreements politically, but what the hell, that's life, Jim, and just as we know it.

Yes, there has been a deemphasis on language per se, but it is quietly dying down. Two or three threads in I&A out of all the threads on the Board are all that seem to be devoted to it (not including this one).

We are the unfortunate victims of that old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times". We are. I have to admit that, politically again, I disagree with some of the opinions expressed here. Violently, I guess, in some cases. But I respect the people expressing them, including (making all kinds of assumptions here) the one who Keiva was jumping all over, inappropriately, I thought. It could have been me, after all.

The majority of us are still dealing with language in the other fora as "business as usual". This is a good thing, and proves that we've not all, overnight, become nothing but political opportunists!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...