I propose this thread as a place to discuss any concerns members of the community may have concerning the substance and qualities of discussions on the board. While individual threads and clusters of threads tend to be self-regulating, objections as to tone and subject--among other things--may be common enough to merit some attention in their own right. In these times, especially, we need to be able to disagree clearly and strongly, but to avoid rancor. This is true, not only as concerns opinions about given a given topic, but what topics might be deemed appropriate altogether. Whatever any individual came here and found enough to stay--or return--all of us have in common an interest in language generally and, I think, in the variety of friendships and acquaintanceships that offer themselves to us. I can say unconditionally that I value all of you, each for what they bring here. I don't want to say more than that now. But, if anybody feels this thread might be of use in matters of concern in our discussions per se in the spirit of fellowship and optimism for fellowship, I look forward to reading your post[s].