And I was being a little facetious in suggesting Israel as a potential perpetrator. But only a little. And my wild imaginings had them using the terrorists as patsies, not Israelis!

Seriously, though, I believe that the Israelis would (a) do it and (b) be able to internally justify it if they thought that it would aid their cause and bring America more firmly on side. Not that they need to do that at the moment with a hawk like GWB at the American helm. That's why my tongue was in my cheek, at least to some extent.

Going back to the actual attack, did anyone see the slow motion footage taken by (I think) an amateur cameraperson of the second jet impacting the tower? For just an instant, perhaps one or two seconds, there was just this outline of an airliner "imprinted" on the building, a black shape or hole on glass. Then the explosion emerged. But it was really freaky, just like the cartoons of Wiley Coyote hitting something when one of his schemes has gone awry. I shall probably never laugh at that kind of thing again. It was so real!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...