thank you mav. i think it is easier for both inselpeter and i to be reasoned, as bad as our city has been hurt, we both know, first hand, this is a serious injury, but not a fatal blow.

i think back to the floods we has some years ago, when all of the mississippi valley, from canada to the gulf bay was flooded to some degree. a devistating flood, and now, a few years later, its hard to remember.

it will be harder to forget this, since it was a deliberate act, but in a shorter time than you can imagine, it will be hard to remember the year... we look and say was that 2001? or 2002?.. NY will go on, it will be better and stronger.

the news just reported, Morgan stanly, in WTC north, (first building hit,) has accounted for over 34XX employees, and only 37 are still missing.. these numbers are heartening. the news about the firemen, the news about regular "tapping" is good too, since we know there are more survivors.

what is most scary, most threatening, is the thought that this event will cost us our liberty. one difficulty about the dead and wounded, is no one in US is reguired to "carry papers". We have a freedom here, of life, of movement, of press, of person. i do not want to lose the forest of law, now, each leaf is precious.