For the past two days in Emails with friends and on this Board I have mentioned my deep anger and sorrow and that I did not know where to place it.
Today I recognized that the sorrow is really compassion for all who are and will suffer and what I felt was not anger but outrage ... outrage that has now turned to resolve.
To inselpeter and all here who were so close to this horror my heart goes out to you.

we are more united, more resolute to combat terrorism and terrorists, and more ready to do something about terrorism than we have ever been.
These quoted words from another post say it well.

We Americans may have been brought to our knees by the attack but we have prayed, each in our own way, and we rise like the Phoenix, stronger than before and filled with a profound resolve.

It is just the beginning of a long road and it is my hope and prayer that our government will move to a deliberate and thoughtful measure.
We cannot abandon our Constitution. That would be a real victory for those who are responsible for the attack.

Revenge has no room in my heart towards any peoples.
The *Powers that perpetrated or supported the attack must be identified and - with the help and support of all civilized nations - be rooted out and stopped once and for all.
This may be disjointed, especially for someone who spent so many years as a writer. Please forgive that and read this with kind eyes.