Dear Helen, Inselpeter, and all. To see it on television was horrifyings. Then the other crashes. Horror upon horror. To have actually seen it must sear the soul.

I once read somewhere : "God preserve man from enduring all that man is capable of enduring." To that I can say only Amen.

Thank you seems so poor a response to our friends over the seas but what else can one say for all the kindness, in such circumstances. Thank you.

On TV just now it was announced that in Boston, Mass., there is a fund being set up at Citizen's Bank for donations to help the people in the disaster.
ABC News just announced that the "dead and missing" at Pentagon is now 200. Not the 800 originally estimated at first. Apparently there was an area under renovation and the aircraft appears to have struck there.
In NYC 260 firefighters and police are dead and/or missing.

I was told that even China sent condolences and support for any action US may take, saying that terrorism is "a cancer that must be cut out." Anyone else hear that?

It's one small solace (gratefully received) to read of the concern and plain decency displayed by posters on this Board over yesterday and today.

Puts all our petty differences here and among our own family, friends and acquaintances in proportion doesn't it?