RE: Look at No. 5:
May 2000: A Philadelphia restaurant was ordered to pay Amber Carson of Lancaster, PA, $113,500 after she slipped on a spilled soft drink and broke her coccyx. The beverage was on the floor because Ms. Carson threw it at her boyfriend 30 seconds earlier during an argument.

Like TEd, i read the accounts and wondered what was missing.. in this case, i wondered about the flooring. it is to expected, that a place that serves food, will have some food mishap. some flooring resists getting slippy when wet, other flooring get noticable slippier.. if the restaurant had the later kind, i would hold them partial responsible..

a restaurant has to expect that there will occationaly be some spillage of water, soda, and other liquids.-- it doesn't matter to me if it accidental, or perhaps playful spilled, (or even, in a classical, comedic way, thrown at some one.) so it should be sure to have flooring that resists getting slippy when wet. NYC subways are filled with this flooring.. its very attactive, and looks like terrazzo, but its like very fine grit sandpaper, even when wet. its hard to slip on it.