Capital Kiwi
I almost didn't come back to this thread.

When Jackie posted her now history-making thread, I felt just as sad as she was about Brandon leaving the board. Subsequent posts to the thread made me think about this board more and what it means to me. I realized that discovering it serendipitously is one of the best things that ever happenend to me since I bought my very first computer. I would never have met people with such intellectual attributes so rich, you feel like you hit the jackpot (if you are wordcrazy, that is).
It is so important to me that when I read the opening words in Capital Kiwi's latest post on the topic, I literally became frightened. That I could lose future contacts with people of his brilliance will just be too great a loss. And he is not the only one I truly admire on this board. There are many and each one has such depth of knowledge that one in my circumstance would never meet in any of the circles I roam in.
What is happening is like a soul searching that I hope will restore the board to its "original" purpose with fun sprinkled all about for what is knowledge without humor.
(This piece was written at the height of passion so please forgive it its many faults in grammar, etc.)