Rubrick, I doubt you will see this, but I'm responding anyway.
But there are a number of individuals who see the forum as 'their' territory and are pedantic in their nature and not too fussed about seeing newer members develop or even staying - despite your enthusiastic welcomes when they arrive.
My dear--everyone makes choices in the kind of people they choose to be around. An open forum on the internet pretty much removes that choice of whom to "invite" in to one's inner circle. That means that for me, at least, there will be some people here that I take more delight in than others.
I for one choose not to remain enthusiastic to those whose posts I don't care for. (Quick disclaimer--it has pretty much become impossible to consistently acknowledge everyone.
Please do not assume that I want you to go away if you haven't heard from me!) You, dearest Rubrick, have exercised your right to choose, by dropping the lot of us.
And that is to our detriment. You are wonderfully talented,
and I have learned a great deal from you.

However, if numbers amongst you insist on making this a discussion group for the ultra-supreme-high brows Dear One, I am wondering how thoroughly you checked recent posts before making that statement. There are many, many non-high-brow posts, paarticularly in Wordplay & Fun, and Miscellany.

it's only a matter of time before someone decides to take me down-to-size again.
Yes, that's possible. Given the number of members here, it seems logical that eventually you'll say something that somebody will get upset about. But, "there is nothing that can happen to a person that is as important as how he reacts to it". Each of us can choose to stay and try to work through our differences, and/or leave.

Will you mourn for me too, wow? I wonder then again I think not. A 'tut, tut', a roll of the eyes and a 'plenty more where he came from' is all I'll get, I'll wager. You'll always have your Pooh-bahs to keep you company.I don't think I have ever said this on the board before, but Honey, that was completely unfair. Again I am wondering how many threads you read before making this post.
Just reading a few of her posts would inform most people that she is sweet, caring, and very concerned not to tread on toes or intrude where she's not wanted. I have had a fair amount of correspondence with her, and I have never seen her evince the attitude you portray her as having.
Nor anyone else here, for that matter.

It's a measurement of the number of posts you've submitted - not a measure of your grandness or supposed intellect.
This we know, Dear.

Had I consorted to that cheap trick I'd be up there after a week of the forum going live. Live in your ivory towers.
I think you may have over-estimated the importance of "rank" to most of us.

I'm going back to a real world.
I shall miss you being here. Love.