The Superstring link: thank you, tsuwm, thank you!!!
Immediate bookmark! Grand, just GRAND! Perfectly easy to comprehend for non-scientists. Ex: The so-called "Newton's Laws of Motion" are not abstract laws that Nature is somehow forced to obey, but the observed behavior of Nature that is described in the language of mathematics. In Newton's time, theory and experiment went together.And this: General relativity has had many observational successes that proved its worth as a description of Nature, but two of the predictions of this theory have staggered the public and scientific imaginations: the expanding Universe, and black holes. Both have been observed, and both encapsulate issues that, at least in the mathematics, brush up against the very nature of reality and existence. And, In order to include fermions in string theory, there must be a special kind of symmetry called supersymmetry, which means for every boson (particle that transmits a force) there is a corresponding fermion (particle that makes up matter). Is this cool, or what?? I'm going to stop and post this now, before I quote the entire link. Bless you,
my dear, for showing me how to find this.