Irish Setter (F)- Irish Image, call name : Rosebud Belonged to my Grandparents but I always think of her as my first dog. My first real dog was Rosebud's son :
Irish Setter (M) Irish Image II, call name Charlie (Charlie McCarthy was popular personality at time).
Mini white poodle (F) JayCurt Bon Fete --Because I got her as a combo-birthday gift from sons, call name "Scamper" or "Scamp" renamed by my Jet-flying husband as "White Fang."
Black mini poodle (F) Miss Merry Mod call name Mod.
Grey cat (M) "Sailor" a GREAT cat! He lived at my house in summer when he discovered I had air conditioning and in other seasons between my house and neighbor as equally as he could manage it. Neighbor, the titular "owner" called him "Precious." He didn't deserve that ... I also sometimes called him "Chief" and he purred.
Chinese Crested (F) hairless, Pepsi, the sweetest disposition of any animal or person I ever met,
and finally, now, A Bichon Frise (F) "Pearl" a real Princess.
I have, at various times boarded cats of Character when owners went away for awhile. Just tended to own (?) more dogs as that's what I grew up with.

So : First pet and street name would be : Rosebud Nesmith Sounds too, too, terribly 1920's , dah-ling, n'est ce pas?