W is the thief

Ok, time for the defense to step in.

I know we've already discussed this, but I'm sick of you all calling it a stolen election. The disgustingly arbitrary vote counting supported by the Gore camp is simply not legitimate. There were no standards. The Supreme Court just stopped the unorganized tabulation of votes. Plus, after the election was all said and done the media finished counting the votes and guess who came up the winner: Bush. So drop it already.

Helen, it's also absurd to say that because Bush was elected the US economy is going to suffer. Had Gore been elected taxes would have surely been raised, and can you please explain how in the world taking money from hard-working people is going to help the economy? The government spends too much money on frivolous programs and gives too much to people who don't know anything about saving it or spending it wisely. Tanzania receives more welfare from the US than any other nation, they've been receiving it for 30 years, and they're still the 3rd poorest nation in the world. Welfare doesn't work, let people spend it how they want and the economy improves. Why do you think America had the highest standard of living in the world in the first half of the 20th century when taxes were very low, and now we don't when taxes are much higher?

And while I'm on my soapbox, and this post is already pretty long, I'm going to finally make my riposte about the whole global warming issue. Simply, there's no way you can prove that industry is causing any weather changes when we've only been recording weather conditions for 140 years. The truth is that CO2 and other gas emissions have gone down greatly in the last 50 years because cars and factories are cleaner. The UN should concentrate on people who are actively destroying nature rather than stifling business by going after companies that are emitting harmless gases. There is simply no proof that global warming is linked to human actions. Records even show that the global temperature has actually gone down in the last 30 or so years.

And BY, don't say I'm brainwashed. I'm not. In America the government doesn't control what's printed or put on TV. My dad, a research scientist, subscribes to a magazine called "The Scientist" which is the opinions of the most reputed scientists in America, and they agree with the positions I've just stated, and you can't say that they're brainwashed. The US has bar-none the best research universities in the world and they do their research freely.

There was a program on ABC about a month ago called "Tampering With Nature" that exposed the fallacious claims of people who attribute global warming to humans. He even showed school children being brainwashed by their teachers to that effect. Many environmentalist groups tryed to stop the show from running because they knew that the scientists were right: Global warming is not caused by humans.

Excuse my ranting, but I can't stand claims that have no proof.