Faldage writes: the fretting hand requires at least as much agility as the other one.

True, but the right hand requires more strength. It's kind of like the knife and fork business: once you learn it one way it doesn't make much difference - nonetheless, stringed instruments are always bowed, plucked or strummed with the right hand, indicating that favouritism by early players and/or craftsmen.

BYB suggests: stringing the cello the other way

Then I'll have to become a soloist, because I'm going to look pretty silly in the second row of the orchestra with my left arm going up against dozens of right arms. To be blunt though, I wouldn't be able to play.
I know McCartney was one of the first to string his guitar round the left-handed way. Since then many have followed in his footsteps (e.g. Kurt Cobain). As far as I know, celli (or cellos) are made completely symmetrically, which means there wouldn't be a problem with stringing one round the other way. So long as you have a fresh instrument the tone should be okay.

Max demands: Get yourself a pair of left-handed scissors, BY.

You know I should, but then again, I never have/find those utensils when I needs them. One that's worth buying is a left-handed potato peeler. I must say, I have noticed a positive increase in the amount of bi-handed kitchen instruments lately - so things seem to be getting a little better. [clicking 'Continue' with my right index finger]