A linguistics class in college had us test the limits of speech act theory by answering the often close-ended questions with off-the-wall quips and questions.

Yes, the only way to get rid quickly, without being rude or hanging up, of those telemarketers is answering them the most absurd answer you can make up.
As you can imagine those persons aren’t as nimble witted as it seems, they are usually helped by a powerful software.
This software manages a dynamic script which contemplates almost every logic answer historically given to the operators, this way they always know the most appropriate retort, you cannot get them tired as long as is a machine which does the actual thinking.
And while they’re talking with you they are watching an extract of all the information that their system keeps about you so they know about your tastes, your incomes, if you like travelling or the car you’ve got. Scary.
I know this kind of call-center management software because my company distributes it. I’d like to apologize for the harm done. Sorry.