The US will be come more lingual– but I think that English will remain the dominant language– there are so many other groups that even if native spanish speaker out number native english speakers, the english speaker still retain most of the power..

There are some problems with that (i.e., that WASP's still dominate the power structure) but I have learned, and for the most, part integrated their value system.. And there are things about other value systems I don't like...

The Anglo/saxon, judeo/christian value system is more of a meritocracy– many other cultures are "family oriented"– if you are not a member of the family, you are treated as sub human.. So we don't see nepotism as a good– but in many cultures/values systems it is unthinkable for a non family member to "run" the family business.– even if all of the family members are incompetent (or unwilling) to do it themselves.

The A/S, J/C system is also a bit snobbish– but it also values "noblesse obliges".. And we as society are richer for our museums, libraries, park, and other public institutions, that often started as a donation.

In some societies– Park means "private estate" and there are no public cultural institutions or events– only religious ones.. The only public landmark is the religious building–or government ones (and some cases these are one and the same.)

I worry about the changes to US society– and it not just that Spanish speaker /people of hispanic culture are becoming a majority– it is the conflict with all the cultural values, and no longer a WASP majority to teach these a/s, j/c values to all the new comers.

I have worked really hard to express my views with out "dissing" other cultures and value systems.. But if I have failed, forgive me. I don't think others values to be "less or lower" than mine– just different.