Bestiality? No, really...the semantical nuances of such nomenclature are tantalizing. Have you ever read H.G. Wells' "The Island of Dr. Moreau" where his experiments with vivisection render components of animals and humans unto each other...until the distinction becomes so blurred that one is never really sure if the human or bestial side of the creature has the upper hand? (and there has yet to be a movie made that doesn't trivialize the book...so if anyone is curious, read the book!) Were they "anthropomorphs"? Or, perhaps, (and I'm just throwing this word out here, I'm not sure it exists...but it might be close to what we're searching for) "homomorphs"? Or, since all species are mammals does their fusion in any amount really require a new identity? What of today's science? What of a human with a pig's heart? Alvin Toffler's "Future Shock" is here!
Or, perhaps, we're speaking of a porpoise, for instance, that has human-like intelligence...the word for that would be different, wouldn't it? Not anthropomorphic???
Then again, creatures that are humanized as a literary device may be in a whole nother category...now I'm confusing myself!
Interesting thread, 2YsUR! And a hearty welcome to the board! Always good to see new energy appear! And I think you'll find our band of merry word-addicts to be a charming and entertaining crowd!