Those wrongful conviction cases sure are scary

We have had enough of them in UK to make me wonder as well, particularly as the ones that were executed are less likely to be recognised as miscarriages of justice. While I used to be 100% against the death penalty, I have modified my views to be an arithmetician on the subject. If someone can convince me that significantly fewer innocent people will die as a result of executions, presumably because of deterrent effects and less reoffending, then I will relunctantly have to accept it. Mind you, while I find it distasteful that the state can execute people, I don't lose a lot of sleep over some of the "victims".

By the way, I still have the following article in my "Rod's Odds and Sods" folder from New York Times (??) 1984-ish on the Ronald O'Bryan execution:
"Another factor that could affect executions in Texas is a ruling by the US Court of Appeal for DC ... that such injections could not be carried out until the Food and Drug Administration approved the poison used". ...as being safe for human consumption, or what??
Rod