well in NYC-- and i think in some other east coast cities--Hydrants can be
Fire plugs
Fire pumps (recently saw one with this label, brooklyn side of Brooklyn Bridge)
Johnie pumps
Jonhie plugs (rare)
and fireman also connect their hoses to Stand pipes (to feed sprinkler systems)-- No one else uses these terms? or now having heard them-- can you think of some that have slipped your mind?

there is (was) a NY street game Johnie on the pony that uses a fire hydrant (never just hydrant) as an anchor for the game.

and Wow tossed out basin for a bathroom sink-- with out so much as a thought.. (and I hadn't even thought of the word till she tossed it out!)

I thought it interesting that Cloak room exist as a term for a toilet area-- and then remembered the old garde-robe-- which in time past, when england's system of drains was less refined--there were areas next to what we americans would call a closet-- (a small room for clothes) that also included an open shaft for "facilities" (a US Highway euphemism for bathroom-- "Rest Area --Facilities available" ) -- so a garde -robe morphed into a cloakroom-- which, i suspect now, as in times past is actually 2 seperate Rooms-- One for cloaks, and one with "facilities".

I tend to use tap and faucet but my parent more often used spigot-- (water came out of the spigot, after you turn the tap.. what about water spout (like the one the itsy bitsy spider goes up) or is that what I call a leader?

My house has gutter to catch the run off-- the water is then lead down and away from the house by a leader...Or is a water spout like a simple stone "gargoyle"-- an extention that direct the water away from the house-- (but lets it fall freely from the roof line?