Congratulations, Jazz. I think the others have said most of the stuff I was going to, but let me add some advice about college. It is one of the few (if not the only) time in your life when you will be exposed to so much learning in so many different fields. Don't let your chosen major consume all of your time and energy. Some of my favorite classes (and one I remember information from the most) are the ones I took Freshman year when I had no idea what I was going to focus on, and I had decided to not even *think about a major until sophmore year. At most colleges six semesters is plenty of time to fit in your major requirements, so take some Philosophy, some higher math (especially if you hate math, like me), some literature, and a really foreign language (Arabic? Chinese?) even if you only take it for a semester or two.

Like it or not, your life is changing even as I speak. Don't fight it too much, but don't let the current overwhelm you either. Oh, and as a new parent, I feel I must add that college is mind-altering enough *without the chemicals. I knew some very brilliant people who saw their lives collapse around them because of drugs at college. [/downer]

CONGRATULATIONS! May joy and happiness and enlightenment find you wherever you end up. And don't forget your friends here -- we're easy to stay in touch with!