JazzO, in Zild we don't have graduation from high school in the same way you do - caps, gowns, diplomas, etc. We leave school either having passed our external exams or not. Perhaps it is just that the focus is different.

However, I think you are very fortunate to be able to objectively look at your high schooling as having been (presumably on the whole) an enjoyable experience. I wish I could say the same! I left high school in my final year, in the end, because it was not providing me with any positive experiences that overrode the basic problem that having to turn up was interfering with my social life something awful. Fortunately I had passed all the exams that mattered (i.e. I was entitled to go to university, and I think the exam I passed for that was Surfing 101).

However, the basic conundrum that you posed - what will the future after school is left behind be like - is certainly one that we have all faced at some level or another. And I guess that it will be "worse" for you because you're leaving something you enjoyed behind. I looked forward to the future as a reprieve from the past.

Congratulations, and I hope that college is just as much fun and leaves you feeling the way you feel now when you have graduated from that.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...