Well, I'm coming to the end of the line, or so it seems. Yesterday was my last day of high school and on June 3 at 3:00 PM I'll be graduating. As I reflect on it, I find it to be a very bittersweet occasion for me. I'll never have the same structured restraint, but I'm leaving behind a world of security and so many memories. I may possibly never again see some of my good friends or the much enjoyed teachers I've had this year. I was somewhat saddened as I looked out at 5th graders playing at recess across the field at the elementary school that borders my parents' house. They seemed to be having so much innocent fun and not realizing how fast it all seems to go by. I can look back on 13 years of schooling and say that through all the hard work and testing, it was incredibly fun. Though I've had a couple of undesirable teachers, most of them had a passion for what they were doing and were filled with inspiring wisdom. In a few months I'll be going off to college, turning my world upside down. I'll be leaving my parents' house and going to an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. It's both exciting and depressing, and I'm hoping that I can focus on the former.

Perhaps I'm overly sentimental, but that's how I feel. I'm sure that all of you have been in the same situation and most of you can relate to me. It's going to be the biggest step I've ever taken in my yet short life. Fortunately, I'll still have this great coterie of friends here to bridge the gap.

Hopefully some of you can dig up some appropriately inspirational poems and quotes for this occasion.