Sparteye>>>>>
Also, my husband is very interested in astronomy. Will he appreciate a copy of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" for his birthday which is coming soon?

Hitchhiker is best appreciated by someone who has read some other SF first, since a lot of what Adams did parodies SF writing conventions. Still, I know people who have read Hitchhiker as an early foray into the SF genre, and they have enjoyed it quite well. And, since your husband is an astronomer, I'm thinking that many of the concepts in the books would have him rolling on the floor. Get it for him, and then you can read it!

Sparteye
After reading through this thread and the new one that MaxQ just started somewhere on this board, and pondering your thoughtful reply to my query, I am convinced Douglas Adams books will be a most welcome gift for my husband who is a scientist, who has read many SF books, and loves astronomy--why , oh, why hasn't he read any of his books?
Well, anyway, I am looking forward to stepping into a whole new world when I start reading this much-praised bobby dazzler.

chronist