It slowly growing-- My job title is sr. network engineer-- but what i really do is develop training-- currently, at a US govenment agency office-- we have in the past had almost exclusively Intructor Lead Training...

but are currently expanding-- I have developed one class that is a self directed class in Notes.. and we (a team including me) are also doing a CD training class-- using Freelance (powerpoint) presentation software and audio/video clips (something i have done before for a large, Nationally chartered, international bank). and an other member of the team is doing some web based training to run on our intranet.

The bank (unlike the gov agency) included vidio clips "Talking Heads"-- Management felt training worked better with and "Instructor" even if the instructor could be spoken too-- the wanted a "headshot"-- and not just my disembodied voice explaining things...

right now, most of the users prefer Instructor Lead Ttraining.. and the sefl directed course in Notes works best when done as a Workshop-- Users "work through" them selves, but there is an instructor nearby for questions.

research shows that most of us read slower on a CRT monitor-- this is sometimes an advantage for training.. over 90% of our training is still ILT