Happy Birthday to our "All-glorious Helen of Troy, and, may I speak for both of us who share this natal-day,thanks to all of our AWAD friends who have kindly sent felicitations to us. Your well-wishes mitigate the concerns concomitant with ever advancing years (although, as often noted, such concerns are devoutly to be wished when "The Grim Alternative" is considered. Thanks to all for your thoughtfulness. Helen, we share this natal day with one another, but it is also a day celebrated for thousands of years. Let's share "our day" with all and celebrate, again, another annual resurrection of Spring. Let G. Chaucer pronounce the "invocation" and then let the festivities begin:

In reply to:

"Whan that the month of May
Is comen, and that I here the foules synge,
And that the floures gynnen for to spryngen.
Farewel my bok, and my devocioun"

"Farewell my book, Geoff?" but a summer-trash read is, in this enlightened century sometimes acceptable. And of course we will be permitted to "Check the Board." Let's take off a day or two, or perhaps a Spring and Summer to enjoy the weather.

Time out to celebrate! Our guests are arriving! I have not overlooked my annual reading of "Ulysses" (Tennyson). A bit later this evening (as Time permits), I'll post an abbreviated version (the "good parts") for you and me, Helen, and for any others seeking encouragement against advancing years. Scribbler