If I may be forgiven for being a bit long-winded, I have an anecdote telling how a fire alarm taught me tolerance of other's opinions.
In the old days, fire stations had to have towers where the cotton hoses could be hung up to drain and dry to postpone deterioration by mould. In my home town the tower also held a large bell, which was synchronized by a 1920's technological electrical miracle with a steam whistle on a shoe factory half a mile to the east. So when the fire alarm sounded, in our neighborhood to the north, we heard the bell first, and then the hoot of the whistle. So to play "Firemen" we yelled "Dang, hoot! Dang,hoot!". But one day we went to play with some kids who lived a half-mile east of the shoefactory where the steam whistle was. When they started playing, they yelled "Hoot,dang! Hoot,dang!" Immediately a quarrel developed about the difference. Just as fists were about to fly, the fire-alarm sounded. And, to my total amazement, we heard:"Hoot, dang, Hoot,dang."
That experience taught me to avoid being hasty in deciding that someone who disagreed with me was wrong.