HI all.
I'm a freshman in the university and I m Chinese.I've learning English for some years so that i can read it with a fairly good comprehension.But the most disturbing thing in English for me is the listening. Because i m a chinese,we Chinese don't pronunciate a single consonant with a vowel or vowels.That is ,we dont have double used or triple used consonants such as 'cl' 'fl'---i think they pronunciate a little fast for me , though i can still distinct the sounds and recognize the word. but the most annoying thing for me is the final consonants which enunciate very well.such as 'swab, swad, swath' 'late, laid,lake'if the consonant sound emitted very near, of course, i can distinguish them. but if the sound emitted more the 10 meters or more, i cant distinguish 'life show'(just give an example) from' live show' .when a person is shouting out,i cant seperate 'help' from 'hell' 'type' from 'tide' 'tie'
would u guy whose native language is English give me some advices or tips for me to overtake this difficulty?
THANKS SINCERELY