To David XVIII from DIII --- That is quite an impressive dynasty. I am curious as to whether you approve of that tradition and are continuing it (or planning to do so) or do you find it cumberson and stifling of creativity and individuality. My family likes -as do I - the tradition of family names. The name provides a visible bond of family and a feeling of stability in an increasingly unstable world. My grandfather, the first David, was born in 1883. My older son, D IV, has just become engaged. Will there be a D V ? Time will determine. Having filled in some info on our multiple "Davids" and when they were named, I now return you to our original "Name that Poster" thread. (Post Scribble, i.e."l'esprit d'escalier") I have always considered the act, the process, of "Naming" interesting, whether naming children, books, songs, products, whatever. Names often have an aura, something magical about them,"Yahweh" etc,(someone help me w/ the Hebrew), names radiate power and sell products. Names may be legally protected and acquire commercial value. Interesting topic, wot? Might be worthy of a future post if there is any interest, and if someone could narrow the idea and give such a Post a good, catchy, "NAME".