Mav, I agree with your posting particularly the part posted by Jackie.
Bobyoungbalt also posted, in the words I was struggling to find ;
I do not want to see AWADTALK conducted in the manner of an academic tutorial or a public committee hearing; I've had enough of that, thank you, and don't care for any more. I love AWAD because, above all else, it's interesting. The free give and take, often humorous, makes it what it is. So let's not get too stuffy or take ourselves too seriously.
Even in the stuffiest of meetings I have attended there have been occasional outburts of laughter.
Humor is the leaven of life.
To me, a serious subject is not lessened by the influence of laughter's modifying the discussion.
If this board is to live and grow we must have new members of all ages, as any group must, or it will atrophy and die. It follows that topics will be re-hashed from time to time but new members will bring varying viewponts that can only enrich us.
I would not like to see us become fuddy-duddies, insular in our smug self satisfaction.
As for myself : for any offense I may have given I am truly sorry and I will try to stay on topic but if something strikes me funny I cannot promise not to laugh and add my two-cents-worth.
wow