i, too, have noticed that the number of posts has become rather unwieldy, and have had to resort to skipping over a few threads. i've thought quite a bit about what or who might responsible for this (including some introspection) but it seems to me that the problem we are facing is simply that there are currently a lot more enthusiastic participants than existed not so long ago. it doesn't appear to me, in comparing recent posts to, say, four months ago that any of the users are posting any more gratuitously than before, merely that *more* people are doing so. that being said, the only way to bring things back to the good old days would be for all of us newcomers to take a hike. unfortunately, we like it here as much as the rest of you, and in large part *because* of the rest of you. i daresay that having anna, tsuwm and whoever else is inclined to participate in this one-a-day boycott will deprive the rest of us of much of the enjoyment we have come to expect.

as for the debauchery, i'm with hyla and jackie in whatever thread it was that this issue was originally addressed; i think innuendo--cleverly brought forth--can be hilarious. OTOH, i don't care to have it belabored in a more explicit manner than is necessary.

inselpeter, i can't imagine i'm wrong in thinking that anna's comments were not aimed at you. your contributions are--for me, at least--consistently worthy and enjoyable.

bottom line is, i'm open to suggestions. i don't think a boycott by our 'founding fathers and mothers' is the answer, but nor do i think that cutting out all of the witty one-liners will serve our purposes. i love a good, quick pun. i think we all do.

i'm game for any plan y'all come up with (BTW, i do believe this is my only post of the day, FWIW)

(edited) addendum: maybe it's just SPRING FEVER!? for the US'ns, at least