Jackie

I worry for you my love. You said:

I can go anywhere and read smut.

Surely even Kentucky is not so far gone in sin that every surface is graffittised with jejune or peurile material of a scatological or similar nature?

Since I have rejected that notion (else would be very wary of going to Kentucky for Easter...) I can only conclude that this is like the literary device - the pathetic fallacy - in which nature reflects the mood of the protagonist (thunderstorms when she's angry, gentle showers at times of redemption, sun shining on happy moments when journeys end in lovers' meetings and so on), so that wherever you go you seem to see smut. What's going on in that wonderful mind of yours? Couldn't you in any way change all that smut you see into nice little bunny rabbits hopping about and chewing on carrots?

cheer

the sunshine warrior

ps. For 'on-topic' type stuff, does the root 'phage/phagy' refer to consumption of any sort, or eating only? I ask because, having participated in a collaborative vampire novel (don't ask), I was looking for a scientific-sounding word to describe their condition and could only come up with haematophage (which I promptly contracted to haemophage) - but 'eating' blood doesn't have quite the same feel does it? Haemodipsia anyone?