Yes, CK, i do hope to see you in NY, but 6 hours is a bit optomistic (from Montreal) Vermont (I 91), is a good route-- but when i used to travel to a point north of St Johnsburry-- it was a good eight hours door to door--(and I was going to North queens, Manhattan would be another 10 to 15 miles!) and in most of Vermont I was speeding (Vermont got its hand slapped by US Highways, it was not enforcing speed limit--) so i regularly went 70 to 85 miles an hour-- as fast as my little car could go (back in the days when US cars had only 3 forward gears-- not 4 + overdrive.) But NY does put on a nice little show of fireworks for the 4th, and afterwards, you (and others) could come back to my 'county estate" for the classic cook out, eat blueberries right of the bushes -- and catch fireflies! (of course you can do all the same things, in Boston area, with Wow,--except for the fireworks-- NY show is bigger.)

Aren't you sorry you mentioned you where coming? we are fighting over getting you and your spouse to come visit like dogs over a bone!

Have a great tip, I hope to see you, but my feeling won't be hurt if you pass on coming to NY's outer boros!