For the youngsters among us "See the USA in your Chevrolet" was sung by Dinah Shore as opening of her TV variety show in days long ago.... sponsors of the show being Chevrolet cars. It was also a promotion for US tourism.
-------------------------------------------------------
belM suggests Then, you can drive on down to Manhattan (only about 6 hours) for the 4th of July - BIG U.S. party.Six hours bel? In a Maserati maybe if you don't care how many traffic tickets you amass!

However from Montreal you can make a stop in God's Country -New Hampshire.
From Montreal, Canada Rt 10 west to Rt 55 South, crossing border at Derby Line and picking up US Interstate 91 down to St Johnsbury Vermont where you switch to US Interstate 93 through the magnificent White Mountains to Manchester,NH -- where you swing on to Rte 101 east to the seacoast which ends about three quarters of a mile from my front door! THAT's about six hours with a stop for lunch.

We are just an hour north of Boston (and Logan International Airport - planes to everywhere) where they throw a pretty good July 4th party, being one of the original instigators of that Revolution aka The War of American Independence!

And no lobster, CapK, promise.
How about a lovely tenderloin of beef roast?
My son is a magnificent cook, and I'm no mean shakes in the kitchen myself! Given the beef problems in UK you might want to get all the meat you can while here as chicken is probably safest in UK these days for someone allergic to fish!
See ya'
wow