Hmmm. I've been away for a whole 24 hours, suffering in the sun and being forced to stay in luxurious surroundings in Napier, and here you all are talking about me behind my back!

We've not made any firm plans - except, yes, to see Jackie, who wants to demonstrate why "He needed killin' " is a legitimate legal defence for murder in Ol' Kaintuck, and Wow, who insists that I admire the shortish, but beautiful NH coastline. But don't feed me lobster, please. I'm allergic to it. Worked parts of two seasons on a crayfish (lobster) boat. Never ate any of the product! Jackie's offer of paua patties would be more exceptable, except I wonder where abalones grow in the mid-West, I really do, Jackie ...

And anyone who could supply large numbers of Bluff oysters, well, both of us would move in and you'd never get rid of us until the US Immigration Service bundled us up and deported us!

Our idea is to follow Route 66, kinda, with diversions which may be longer or shorter, depending on where the subject of the diversion is. Elizabeth, any chance of moving Georgia a little further west?

We'll be typical rubberneckers. Anything that looks interesting or we've seen in some medium, or I've seen before and want to show Sandra, we'll go and see - or at least as much of it as we can do in the time we have available.

Your invitations are all very kind, and we'll try to visit as many of you as we can. It'd be really great to meet all you US'ns and maybe a Canuck or two.

I hope to have a good quality digital camera with me and when I can I'd like to put up a page on a web site with piccies of everyone (who's prepared to be photographed and exposed to public pillor... I mean, scrutiny. Plus some words, of course, how could I do it without words? That, at the end of the day, is what the Board is all about, isn't it?

The idiot also known as Capfka ...