"thank god for DNA testing" I fully agree! This may be the "only context" in which I agree with the use of this technology for identification (crimes of violence)...

and even "modern" civilized cultures-- US or England-- there still remain an attitude that a woman did something "wrong" if she get raped I find this very difficult to believe... that anyone with any sense (except for lawyers and investigators attempting to extract their respective "truths"(talk about exploitation)) truly brings this thought process forward immediately... and anyone who does won't last long in this town...

rant/ It amazes me that people ignore a sense of a whole person, yet are quick to reduce that definition (somehow) into the combination of the smallest pieces possible, and expect this to be "knowledge". (as Steely Dan says "the things that pass for knowledge - I don't understand). Notwithstanding the medical "benefits" of identifying disease causes, it is equivalent to ripping apart a Bach piece down to the notes (or better yet, some thing by Holdsworth) and "proving" to us all that either of those two are better music's.

Of course, one could just listen, hear, and know! /rant

ps. The US doesn't have a culture...