tsuwm : Re:wetware .. not to be confused with wetwork. do you mean a code word for sanctioned killing sometimes heard in spy movies, read in spy books?

Just heard (On CNN-2 BookTV) author Jane Katch on her book "Under Deadman's Skin, : Discovering the meaning of children's violent play."
The talk was recorded at the Harvard University Askworth Education Forum.
She talks about how children desensitize themselves from seeing violent films, playing violent video games and watching violent TV.
Katch suggests remedies including adapting play to a less violent mode suggested by children themselves. Further she gets a lot of input from children themselves and tells of some positive results from the talks with the children and parents.
If I had youngsters around I think this would be a must buy. I will read it in any case but from what I heard it would be worth a browse-perhaps-buying for any parent or grandparent who is dealing with children.
Those of you in US may be able to catch her talk on BookTV ... it was on about 8:30 a.m. EST.
BookTV.org has a site listing the books being discussed and the schedule, including repeats late at night.
Respectfully submitted
wow