do deliberate typographical "errors" exist, or are they merely the product of a cynical imagination?

The newspapers I worked for had a rule that disallowed errors on purpose, also inverted or up side down ads, to catch a reader's attention.
There was one exception allowed in The Exeter News Letter.
A book seller called his establishment simply : "Boooks " in the advertisement and when the Ad Manager spotted the ad was having none of it. He called the book seller to explain it was not allowed.
When the book seller answered in a heavy Scots accent "Boooks" the Ad Mgr gave up and allowed the ad to be placed with the three "o"s.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT : I found an error in the Oxford Press English/American Ameican/English dictionary that was offered in Harrod's book department in 1971. It stated that Parker House Rolls were originated in Chicago, Illinois. Pshaw!
Parker House rolls were begun by a chef-baker at The Parker House in Boston, Mass. They are a delicious dinner roll still served in that hotel which is near the Massachusetts State House. I put the book back on the shelf.
Often wondered if they ever corrected it?
Whatever, if any, proofs Oxford Press offers it will be disbelieved in Boston!
If you want more on book editing send a Private, thanks.

wow