lapsus linguae,
As little as I've been able to be here this week, it has taken me until today to be aware that you're back. I am
SO glad you're not out to pasture on your tether!
You are so neat--I do wish you'd post more.
==========================================================

Last evening, I went to hear author Dave Pelzer speak. He has written a series of riveting autobiographical books, based on his horrific history as an abused child. They are all--well, the first three--still on the Bestseller list, but I'll give the titles anyway: 'A Child Called It' outlines his life up to age 12, when he was rescued (his word) and put in foster care. The second, 'The Lost Boy',
tells about his life from ages 12 to 18. 'A Man Named Dave'
continues on from there. He has a brand new one out, called, I think, 'Help Yourself'.

It was--interesting-- to hear him. Apparently he is now doing some counseling with youth, and is urging his survival strategies on to them. I could tell that he
doesn't "have it all together", quite, but I'm not sure anyone could who knew that his mother was trying to kill him, and in fact made repeated attempts to do so.
What he had to say was mostly pretty good. Though I wish he had not tried being a comedian--it took a lot away.