I agree with Shanks that the skill of players has generally improved over the years but, I do believe, that the skill of baseball players is much higher. You may see an outstanding catch in cricket but you almost certainly will see some amazing infield play in professional baseball. So whilst I contend that cricket is a more tactical game baseball is general a more skillful game (mind you for the money the players get I'd expect it.)

A few more cricketing terms for those trying British crosswords.
Slip - a fielder placed roughly behind the batsman to catch a ball that glances off the bat. (There no such thing as a foul ball in cricket)
Duck - a score of no runs "He's out for a duck" out without scoring
Over - a series of six (or eight) balls bowled by the same bowler. At the end of the over a different bowler then bowls from the other end.
Maiden - An over from which no runs were scored as in the phrase "he bowled a maiden over" which can also mean to impress a young women as in "He bowled the maiden over when he bowled a maiden over."
Test - An international match.

There have been few films about cricket but a few years ago an excellent television series called 'Bodyline' was produced about a English Test tour of Australia in the 1930's which was both very entertaining as a story and highly informative about the tactics of cricket. It had similar qualities to the rather good "In a League of Their Own"