I wasn't sure this would interest anyone, but my search proved it was a YART, which suggests that - at least at one point in time - some AWADers found this intriguing:

As was discussed a while back, statistical evidence suggests that in any group of 23 or so people, two will share a birthday.

I've thus far received 32 replies, and amazingly there are *three* sets of shared birthdays: Hyla/Shoshannah, Jackie/TEd (! can you believe we missed this one!?) and Scribbler/of troy.

there is also a noticeable skew towards February-May birthdays (22 of 32, or 69%, which is amazing considering the expectation that any four month interval would likely produce one-third of the bdays). Also, there are no birthdays listed in January or June, and only one each in August, November and December.

BTW, does anyone have a link for free downloadable software that will produce a distribution curve? i'm not very handy with excel, so i'm sure i'm missing something, but the chart i was able to produce by converting the dates to decimal form seemed woefully lacking.

Keep the birthdays coming; it's great entertainment for me (and please, no 'get a life' suggestions )